Malena James is born!

Malena James is born!
My life is forever changed....

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Malena James is born









Malena James Reed-Maroulis is born!

I decided to start this blog on Malena because I simply can not keep up with her and how fast she is changing. I want to share some of our precious moments together with my family, who we are now away from, and her daddy who is still away on tour. The last month I was pregnant felt like an eternity, the days went on and on and I thought she would never arrive! It felt like forever, waiting for her. Now that she is here, I can not keep track of the time. The past three months have already flown by in the blink of an eye. I can not look at her long enough, I can not hold her tight enough, she changes right before my eyes. I am very selective about the memories and photo's I share of my baby girl and family. I must already have a million photo's, most will remain just for family but there are a special few I would like to share. I hope that what I share brings as much joy into your lives as it does mine!

     It's a cool evening here in NY. Everything seems as though it is the same, cabs buzzing by, the sound of the train passing below the city, people racing on the streets to make their destination. Yes it is exactly how I remember it, the city has not changed it's me who has changed. I am not thinking of where my friends are and what we might be doing tonight, what local bar we might stop in and get a drink at. Instead I am making a bargain to keep this tiny little human happy! I will make you a bottle, ok I will rock you, how do you know I am not standing up? How about your swing? I know you must want to be swaddled?! How about a nice warm bath, or some music? No? Nothing? Ok you can have whatever you want if you will calm down and be a happy girl again! I don't swaddle as good as my sister Mari, (the baby whisperer)! Her legs are still kicking and now her little paws are free. She gladly accepts her bottle and she is happy! And now I am happy! I burp her and then set her in my arms, we both look around and I can tell she knows she is in a new place. I explain to her that it is for the best. Malena this is where I know you can thrive and live and do anything you want to do in life. I have a little cry, which I allow myself anytime I need! It is our first night alone in NY and away from my family and Daddy is away working hard. I think about how much my family has meant to me and what they have done for me. I cherish every moment I spent at home with them and everything we did together. It's rare for an artist to spend extended time with their families, especially holidays. I have been away the past 2 years and missed every holiday and birth day. We are family, we love and hate each other, we fight and scream like all families do. Then we make a feast, settle down to our nightly movie and everyone is very happy! We are a small city family and our everyday is spent focusing on each other. Home is humble, kind, simple in comparison to the big city and most of all full of great food and love. Lots of Love! I want to thank all of my family members who welcomed me home and loved and cared for Malena like she was their own!
     She is already three months and I can not believe it! She smiles all the time now. It feels like the excitement of a Christmas gift when she smiles. It's amazing actually to see that she understands she is smiling and that her smile in return makes me smile back at her and then she smiles even bigger......!! We walk through Central Park together and I feel incredibly proud, I stop and reflect on how happy I feel in this very moment and try and hold onto it. There are people all around us and i wonder if they know what I am feeling or if they can see how beautiful she is. I wonder why everyday of my life hasn't felt this way. I feel so alive and have so much to live for. When we get home I turn the news on. How incredibly awful to see how so many people are suffering around the world right now. I think of them and the burdens they have and give thanks for being with my baby girl. Here's to a new season of my life. Mommyhood! It is a challenging task, back breaking work and more rewarding than anything I have ever done in my entire life. Not everyday is going to be easy or full of sunshine but i have a reason to live and someone to love and care for every hour of the day, ok every minute of the day, alright every second on the day, OMG every mili second of each and every single day!!!!!!!!! I wouldn't trade it for a billion dollars! : )





A photo from Malena's beautiful birth announcement! She is stunning!!

Photo by Emily Little Loftus
Sleeping Beauty

Day 2 Home from the hospital at last!

Cousin Lilly, Eli and aunt Teresa!

Ventura, CA
My mother and her family lived here for many years, my sister's and I were also born here. We brought Malena  to say goodbye to my mom's Aunt Jean. One life began and another ended. This was a remarkable journey for all of us.

In Ventura, CA
Grandma Eilene and Aunt Mari taking many photo's with their baby Malena!

One of Daddy's favorite photo's!
I love my bow!

I hate my bow!
She got this scowl from her daddy, this is her usual look!

Cousin Melissa and Malena!
Hamboussi and family bought her this beautiful dress! 

Our nerve wrecking 1st car ride home from the hospital Christmas Day!
Daddy drove and avoided highways, I sat in the back praying to god to just get home safe!

Cousin Melissa in the hospital with Malena






http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=151884968

28 comments:

  1. So many of my same and recent experiences. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great journal! God bless you all with much happiness and love! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing, Angel, she is so beautiful. Just like her mommy and daddy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you much for sharing these pictures and your thoughts Angel! Malena is blessed to have you as her Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photos are simply gorgeous, Angel...thanks for writing & sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG who doesn't know that trademark scowl look!

    she really is precious :)

    does she have a mati pendant? it's a must!
    http://www.greekmati.com/Greek_evil_eye_pendants.htm

    thank you for sharing these cute pictures, and look forward to more as she grows.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a special present you have given us, and God has given you! Not to mention the joy Malena will have one day, as she reads this as well. Thank you so very much for sharing your joy with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing your pictures and journey with us, Angel. Malena is just precious :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What joy to hear and see how in love you are with Malena. There is nothing as special or consuming as a mothers love for her children!
    Thank you for sharing such intimate moments.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our thanks to you for sharing this new love and life that you and Constantine have created. Will enjoy the updates. Malena is incredible and focus on enjoying every second. Love and best wishes to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, Angel, for sharing your sweet moments and thoughts, and the beautiful photos! Your words brought back precious memories for me. Isn't it amazing how a special place in your heart has been opened and is filled with so much love? God bless and protect you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks you so much Angel for sharing your wonderful journey with us!!! Malena is so beautiful and so very blessed to have you for her mommy and Constantine for her daddy!!!! I look forward to your updates on your precious new life!!! Lots of Love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Angel - thank you so much for sharing this with us. What a precious gift. God bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Angel~ This is a wonderful blog. I love that you captured in words how much this little soul has changed your life, and of course the pictures are worth 1,000 more words. Looking forward to watching Malena's moments with you in her world.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww. Thank you, Angel. Such a lovely blog and a lovely little girl. Thank you for opening up a window into your world and sharing your happiness with us. <3 Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and experiences as you welcome the world of mommyhood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much Angel for sharing the pics and blog!Its so very much appreciated! Malena is so beautiful and you and Constantine are so blessed to have her!
    Looking forward to more updates! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been through all those feelings, how hard to be away from your family when it feels like that's the only place you should be. Angel, she is beautiful! Just as you and your sister's always have been. Thank you for sharing, and I promise, it only gets better!
    Katie (Flaherty)Smailes

    ReplyDelete
  18. Journaling is one of the best gifts you will ever give to your child (and her daddy), Angel!
    Can't wait to see all 3 of you at the ball fields this summer! I can only imagine how adorable your little angel will look in her Yankees cap and tutu ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Angel, as someone who will never experience motherhood, I believe you have just given me a glimpse of how it feels. You are a lovely person, Malena James is a beautiful blessing, and her Daddy is one very special man. God Bless all 3 of you and your families. You have an abundance of love surrounding you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely pictures of a lovely little girl. Welcome to blogging. I look forward to reading your updates.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much for sharing your precious words and pictures, Angel. You all feel like part of our extended family and it is much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you for sharing these moments, Angel. Love the I love my bow/I hate my bow pictures. She is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Angel-
    Thank you for sharing this special time in your life with us!!!
    Your daughter is BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a wonderful blog-it brings back memories from so long ago. Enjoy every minute with your beautiful baby.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just found your blog, Angel. What an beautifully written post and what a truly beautiful little girl! I'm a mother to a 4-year old girl and twin 2-year old boys and I always think of this quote, which is so true:

    “Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.”

    Best of luck and welcome to the world of motherhood!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy Easter, Angel! I really enjoyed reading your thoughts and seeing the photos of you and your wonderful little daughter Malena James. I look back on the baby years of my son as some of the very happiest times in my life! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete